wysiwyg R27 is coming
Posted on Monday, July 4th, 2011
CAST Software Ltd of Toronto, Canada announces the members-only release of wysiwyg R27 on 11 July 2011.
New features in R27 include
- Beam optimization: lights respond 5X faster, keeping up with how fast you work
- Native Art-Net connectivity: receive and render realtime DMX data over Art-Net directly into wysiwyg
- Improved Attribute Layout: Speed up your plotting and designing process
- New Image Manager: Easier and faster browsing through images and textures; spend more time designing with light
- Upgraded Layer Manager: Better organize your wysiwyg layers to streamline your workflow
- New fullscreen modes: Toggle Shaded View window to/from full screen
- Add video to Library Objects: Stream video onto any screen in our Library
- Additional Reports: New report types and filters make your job easier
See a realtime comparison of the speed of R27 versus R26 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvFz66POz_k.
As with every release, wysiwyg takes features and improvements from the previous release and brings them to the next level. R27 allows true 3D flyovers when used with the 3Dconnexion mouse, introduced in R26, putting the User directly into digital space using all of the 6 Degrees of Freedom – X, Y, Z, and Pitch, Roll, and Yaw. With R27you can do flythroughs in realtime.
With this 3D mouse users can pan, zoom and rotate as if they’re holding the model in their hand. Users can also operate cameras with this new addition to wysiwyg, focus conventional fixtures, and create flybys as well as switch camera views and create a live motion video – capturing it all with wysiwyg’s onboard CamStudio package.
wysiwyg R27 includes new fixtures and the truss, gobos and accessories needed to do a show. And Members in good standing get all new fixtures as soon as they are available.
Releases are free to current wysiwyg Members. In fact, being a Member is the only way to get a fully operational copy of the software.
For information about wysiwyg or to download R27, visit www.cast-soft.com.