ALIA is the Australasian Lighting Industry Association (Incorporated)
We are a national non-profit incorporated association, registered in NSW [Inc 9877528]
ABN 98 507 463 942
Who are we?
We are people who share an interest in the art, science and technology of light.
We light for people in places, buildings, events and productions.
We design, install, study, market, manufacture, rig, maintain, and operate lighting in all its wide range of uses.
What are our goals?
- To Investigate and disseminate information about areas of common concern to all lighting people
- To promote an understanding of our work to:
- others within our own industries
- potential participants in the pursuit of lighting
- government, regulatory, training and standards bodies
- the media
- the general public
- To open and maintain a vigorous dialogue on issues of common interest between our members.
- To promote and facilitate appropriate professional education and training.
- To represent our membership in allied fields through our participation in other professional organisations.
- To establish standards and assist in formulating specifications for equipment, supplies and services used across our industries.
Where do our members come from?
Building Owners and Managers
Equipment and Consumable Distribution
Equipment and Consumable Sales
Maintenance and Support
Who are the Office Bearers of ALIA?
President - Andy Ciddor Biog and Photo
Vice President - Cat Strom
Treasurer - Scott Allan Biog and Photo
Secretary - Joseph Mercurio Biog and Photo
Committee Member – Don Allen
Committee Member – Jason Bovard
Committee Member - Lyndon Buckley
Committee Member - Marcus Pugh
Committee Member - Zac Shenker
Where does the material on our web site come from?
In common with the majority of industry news web sites, and even most magazines and newspapers, we depend pretty heavily on news releases from the manufacturers and distributors of lighting products for information on product releases, updates and interesting applications.
Many of our production and project items come directly from local production companies and equipment distributors, but our overseas reach is limited by our current resources. As a new association, just getting on our feet, we have been offered assistance from the UK’s long established Professional Lighting and Sound Association (PLASA). PLASA’s support includes permission to use material from the news pages of their website to supplement our local news with their European and American sources.
What we do on the ALIA web site is assemble all of the publicly available news material that is relevant to the Australasian industry, and publish it on our news page, thus saving you the trouble of searching out the news from each of the dozens of equipment manufacturers, production companies, consultants and producers.
Where we find an article on another web site that may be of interest to our readers, we put up link on our website identifying the source, and directing you to the original article.
If you have news about your projects, products, gear for sale, job vacancies or clever solutions to age-old problems, please share it with the rest of the lighting community. Send us an email.