White Night Melbourne 2014 – Event Staff required
Posted on Tuesday, October 29th, 2013
White Night Melbourne is seeking expressions of interest for consideration for Event Staff for the 2014 Event.
Now in its second year – White Night Melbourne is an exciting major event, inspired by the international Nuit Blanche network. In 2014, it will be held between 7.00pm Saturday 22 February and 7.00am Sunday 23 February.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager or Technical Manager (role dependent), Event Staff will provide production & site management expertise to ensure the successful delivery of all WNM 2014 activities, installations, stages and venues.
Key roles include:
• Site Management
• Technical Crew
• Stage Management
• Area Wardens
• Event Support Staff
• Assisting with the coordination, build, bump in and bump out of all WNM 2014 sites
• Providing production support service to WNM 2014 events, activities, programs and venues
• Overseeing technical support to help deliver events; including coordinating the sound, lighting and stage management of music stages and performances
• Stage management of artists and performers of the WNM 2014 program
• Site Management of outdoor and indoor venues of varying sizes and audience capacities; Understanding and complying with all White Night Melbourne event procedures, ensuring all safety regulations are followed and safe work practices are observed at all times
• Attendance at all Event Briefings
• Minimum of 3 years demonstrated professional experience, knowledge and skills in production and delivery of performing arts, festival or major events.
• Proven professional experience in a technical production discipline eg. lighting, power, site management, staging, stage management
• Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Other relevant experience and licensing such as current White Card, forklift, EWP, fire warden and first aid training will be looked upon favourably.
Contract duration ranges 1 week to 2 months (depending on the role), and will commence from January 2014. To learn more about White Night Melbourne, visit the website www.whitenightmelbourne.com.au.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 22 November 2013.
To apply, email email@example.com with Event Staff EOI in the subject header.
• A Cover Letter (maximum 1-page)
• Resume showing relevant experience
• Names, Position and Contact details for 2 professional referees.
For any questions, please call Tanya Miles (Operations Manager) or Rohan Thornton (Technical Manager) on 03 9417 6690.