Warehouse Assistant, Technical Support, Theatre & Events, SOH
Posted on Monday, June 3rd, 2013
Sydney Opera House takes people on a journey from the ordinary to the extraordinary – amplifying experiences and inspiring imaginations. A masterpiece of human creativity, the building is alive all year round with world class performance of every style and genre. As a member of the Sydney Opera House team, you play an important role in celebrating creativity and capturing the imaginations of people all over the world.
The Warehouse Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Technical Support Operations Manager in the management and preparation of equipment for the Sydney Opera House technical departments.
The role will be primarily responsible for operational activities role, including:
* Contributing to the ongoing effective and efficient operation of the Theatre & Events warehouse to meet operational requirements
* Transporting Production Services equipment to and from the Sydney Opera House and offsite storage facilities
* Contributing to the safe and effective maintenance of equipment
* Other operational duties as required and directed by the Operations Manager
1. Previous experience in live theatre/production, or Certificate III/IV in Theatre Production, or related trade qualifications.
2. Demonstrated experience prioritising your work against tight deadlines, while delivering strong customer service.
3. Demonstrated experience working as part of a highly skilled and diverse team, with a focus on interpersonal skills and teamwork.
4. Demonstrated experience in a high volume warehouse environment or similar.
5. Physically fit with previous experience following correct manual handling procedures.
6. Demonstrated understanding of Workplace Health and Safety requirements, including experience in applying work safe practices in a warehouse or environment.
7. Must hold a current class 1A driver’s licence, should hold forklift and electrical test & tag competencies. LR driver’s licence highly desirable.
Job Status: Full Time – Temporary, initial 12 month contract with opportunity to extend
Position No: SOH451
Salary Package: $59,042 per annum (including base salary of $54,167 plus 9% superannuation)
Salary Notes: This salaried position is covered by the Sydney Opera House Enterprise Agreement
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Review the information provided in this Application Package to ensure you meet the selection criteria.
2. Prepare your responses to the Selection Criteria, as a guide 1 or 2 paragraphs, demonstrating how you meet each criteria. Please note applications are shortlisted based on your responses to the selection criteria.
If you do not address the selection criteria, your application may not be considered for this position.
3. Submit your application as a single pdf attachment that includes your resume and your responses to the selection criteria at http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/careers.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact: David Dalton
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 7am, Wednesday 5 June 2013