Vista 2 ‘Byron’ software to preview at Plasa
Posted on Monday, September 7th, 2009
Jands will show a major software upgrade for their revolutionary Vista lighting console, at Plasa in September.
Originally released in 2004, the Vista introduced a whole new approach to constructing light shows, with ‘think visually, work visually’ as the core concept. The Byron release of the application takes this innovative approach to a new stage, introducing a true second generation of software, completely re-written from the ground up.
The Byron release reflects the attention Jands have paid to user feedback about the Vista, as well as the fresh vision Jands have brought to the whole concept of how a console works. The update provides easier and faster ways to do existing functions, and introduces a host of new features.
The Byron software will be free-of-charge to current users. Some of the key aspects of the new software include:
* genuine, zero-configuration, ‘no I.T. guy needed’, automatic networking
* tracking backup that synchronises a second console or PC to take over seamlessly in the case of a failure
* a second-generation timeline providing visual split fade times, a per-step timing structure that lets you instantly set fade and delay times for some or all the events * * in a step, and new filters that make it easier to see what’s going on with big rigs
* an extended generic fixture model that doesn’t limit the use of non-standard or overlapping features and adapts to all types of new and unusual fixtures
* a completely overhauled user interface reflecting user feedback, with search functions built in throughout
* a brand new visual method of controlling media servers
* new Matrix layouts and effects for use with LEDs and other fixtures
* a Command Line window that accepts keypad input for fixture selection, levels, timing, store and other frequently used commands
Faster and easier to use, the Byron release is a lot more than just an upgrade of the existing Vista. It provides an unrestricted, reliable software platform for building an ever more sophisticated and powerful console in the years to come.
Jands will preview Vista 2 ‘Byron’ on the AC Entertainment stand (1-E10) at the PLASA trade show in London, 13-16 September 2009.