Vision Supervisor, International Convention Centre Sydney
Posted on Friday, June 3rd, 2016
Opening in December 2016, International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney) is destined to be Asia Pacific’s premier business and cultural events precinct, showcasing Sydney to the world through its convention, exhibition and entertainment venues.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced AV Supervisor to head up our Vision department. This role will act as a vital leader within our Audio Visual division, as we prepare to open and manage a $1.5 billion development that will transform the Darling Harbour precinct. This role is responsible for the management of ICC Sydney’s vision systems (and teams) for all events & productions across the site.
- Act as the key vision subject matter expert supporting the project managers during the sales process, pre event client meetings and event day operations
- Operate and supervise the operation of ICC Sydney’s vision systems & equipment as required
- Recruit, manage, motivate & train a world-class team of casual vision technicians
- Supervise and complete all vision production requests from various internal departments and where required organise hire of equipment from suppliers.
- Work with our FM partner to ensure all ICC Sydney vision systems & equipment is maintained & repaired when required.
The successful candidate will bring extensive experience in the vision (& AV) field, ideally within a large, multi-room venue. Experience building & managing a capable team of (casual) vision technicians would be beneficial as this will be an initial priority for the role.
Additionally, you will have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, a demonstrated commitment to your career and the desire to be part of one of Sydney’s largest and most innovative projects. To succeed, you will have a passion for getting results, be resilient with strong customer service and communication skills and be able to establish good working relationships.
We welcome high achievers who are excited to take on new challenges and share their ideas. On-the-job training, development and exposure to an exciting work environment will give you the opportunity to work with great people, while earning a competitive salary and developing an amazing career.
To find out more about life at ICC Sydney, one of the most exciting business events and entertainment precincts in the world, visit www.iccsydney.com/careers. Join us on the world stage!