Venue Technician, Dubbo
Posted on Friday, November 9th, 2012
Dubbo is a vibrant city located in the heart of New South Wales and is the regional focal point for health, educational, shopping and cultural attractions. The Council has earned an excellent reputation as a progressive, cost effective and operationally efficient local government organisation operating on sound business disciplines. The City supports a diverse range of industries with more than 3500 businesses with a gross regional product estimated at $1.9 billion. Dubbo’s quality of life continues to attract new residents and visitors alike with its cultural diversity, welcoming, vibrant society, and low-stress environment.
Council has an exciting opportunity for a skilled and experienced person to join the Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre in the position of Venue Technician.
This position is responsible for providing hands on/labour support for shows, functions and events as well as setting up and operating sound and audio – visual equipment, and assisting with lighting, staging and flying systems – for shows, functions and events in all DRTCC venues.
If you are interested in this position please address the selection criteria and provide a current Resume by click the APPLY NOW button.
CLOSING DATE: 5.00pm Thursday 22 November 2012
– Experience, knowledge and specialist skills in audio and audio-visual for shows and events
– An understanding of lighting systems
– Experience supervising and training a range of casual staff and volunteers
– Experience and knowledge of WH&S, Risk Management, emergency evacuation procedures related to the operations of a public function area / live theatre venue
– Availability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
– Experience working in a local government environment, preferably in a regional location
– Work Cover accredited Rigging qualification
– Work Cover accredited Working at Heights qualification
– Experience and specialist skills in audio and AV equipment
– An understanding of theatre lighting systems
– Good communication, team and supervisory skills
– Physical fitness to undertake the inherent requirements of position
SALARY AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
– The salary range offered for this position is Salary $44,364-$50,499pa plus superannuation.
– A commencing salary for the position will be negotiated dependent upon skills, knowledge and experience.
– The hours per week are 38, worked Monday to Sunday.
– A working with children check is required. It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection(Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious offense to apply for this position.
– A pre employment health assessment will be required.
– All other conditions of employment are determined by the Local Government (State) Award 2010.
Council promotes the continuing professional development of staff and to support this, a Learning and Development Study assistance Policy has been adopted. The Policy provides for various levels of assistance depending on the requirements around the study being undertaken.
Further information about Dubbo City Council may be obtained by visiting the Dubbo City Council website http://www.dubbo.nsw.gov.au.