Venue Technician, Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre
Posted on Friday, January 14th, 2011
Full Time Permanent Position
Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre (DRTCC) (which opened in April 2010) is seeking a full time Venue Technician.
Reporting to the Technical and Production Coordinator, this position requires:
* Demonstrated employment experience in an entertainment venue working with a diversity of hirers and functions from bump-in to bump-out.
* Proven experience setting up, operating and maintaining sound, audio-visual, lighting, staging and flying equipment
* Demonstrated good communication, interpersonal, customer service and team skills
* Good level of health and physical fitness to undertake the inherent hands-on lifting, moving, cleaning and maintenance requirements of the job.
* Availability to work flexible shifts including evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
The salary range offered is $42,063 to $47,880 per annum plus 9 per cent superannuation. The hours are 76 per fortnight, Monday to Sunday, and all other conditions are determined by the Local Government (State) Award 2010. A commencing salary for the position will be negotiated dependent upon skills, knowledge and experience. A pre-employment health assessment will be required.
Information packages containing the selection criteria are available by contacting the Customer Service Centre on 02 6801 4000. For additional information, contact DRTCC Manager Alan Youngson on 0427 464 407 or visit www.drtcc.com.au for a full job description. Written applications addressing the selection criteria close at 5pm on Thursday 3 February 2011.