Venue Services Manager
Posted on Friday, July 30th, 2010
Staging Connections, Asia Pacific’s premier and largest event staging services provider, is currently looking for an enthusiastic Venue Services Manager in Cairns. You will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining services to venue accounts to ensure customer demands are met and exceeded, and to increase profitable revenues. The successful candidate will be both sales and operations focussed.
* Multiple venue operations management, venue reporting, resource and budget forecasting
* Identify and implement strategies to increase in-venue profitable revenues, set revenue targets and EBITA margins for each venue account
* Provide support to event staging managers
* Excellent communication and customer service skills and the ability to effectively liaise and build strong relationships with personnel in venues from all levels and backgrounds
* Strong organisational skills, including high level of attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities to ensure that deadlines are always met
* Thorough understanding of Occupational Health and Safety/Risk Management policies and issues
Essential criteria to be successful in this position
* Previous experience as an Event Staging Manager, Business Development Manager or VSM.
* Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal ability to gain commitment and motivation from staff and venue associates
* Financial management skills – sound understanding of cost control and budgeting
* Highly developed sales and customer service skills
* High level computer skills (Word, Excel, Rentals, Retain and Crew pay systems)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Time management skills; the ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines
* Effective negotiation skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Flexibility to work after hours (when necessary) and attend industry events
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and a covering letter to Russell Bennett: RBennett@stagingconnections.com
For more information on this role please phone Michael Curran on 07 5556 9007.
Applications close COB Sunday 15 August 2010.