Venue and Technical Supervisor
Posted on Monday, June 7th, 2010
PACT centre for emerging artists, Sydney, feeds the ecology of artistic practice in Australia byproviding a centre for emerging artists to create, produce and present interdisciplinaryand experimental contemporary performance; form professional networks and exchange skills. PACT supports, creates with, and produces for emerging artists who creating performance work that push past the boundaries of mainstream and single artform practices.
The Venue and Technical Supervisor (VTS) is responsible for the operation of PACT’s theatre/venue. The VTS works closely with the Company Manager and the Artistic Director to ensure the venue is in good operational shape and provides key technical support to hirers and staff. Reports To the Company Manager and supervises production casuals as required.
• Work closely with the Artistic Director and Company Manager to ensure that Theatre/Venue is in good operational shape
• Supervise venue hirers for all bump ins and bump outs
• Ensure that the working space is safe, orderly, and compliant with relevant legislation
• Coordinate repairs of faulty equipment and venue
• Source and maintain equipment as required
• Maintain appropriate records and documentation
• Attend staff meetings are required
• Convene production meetings as required with staff and hirers
• Work closely with technical teams during production
• Provide basic technical trouble shooting
• Work with project teams to set up and maintain technical equipment as required
• Supervise production casuals as required
• Mentor emerging theatre production professionals (this will require undergoing a Working with Children check)
• Basic understanding of theatre lighting (installation, operation and design).
• Basic understanding of theatre sound systems (installation and operation).
• Experience bumping theatre shows in and out.
• Awareness of theatre Occupational Health and Safety standards (please list any WorkCover tickets you hold).
• Understanding of assembly of modular scaffolding (seating rostra and mobile tower)
• Basic venue maintenance skills (painting, use of drills, saws, basic hand tools)
• Be a wonderfully competent and responsible person who can work autonomously.
• $22.56 per hour + 9% superannuation ($44,000 pro rata)
• Permanent Part Time (17 hours per week) with six months probation.
• Applications close Wednesday 23 June 5pm
• Interviews will be held on Friday 25 June
• Position commences 12 July 2010
Please email CV, cover letter, and a statement addressing the selection criteria to Francesca Cathie, Company Manager.
Please go to our website to download a full application package and for details on how to apply. www.pact.net.au