Theatre Technician, Sydney Theatre Company
Posted on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011
Sydney Theatre Company produces theatre of the highest standard created to illuminate, entertain and challenge. It is committed to the engagement between the imagination of its artists and its audiences, to the development of the artform of theatre, and to excellence in all its endeavours.
Current Artistic Directors, Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton joined the Company at the beginning of 2008. Sydney Theatre Company has been a major force in Australian drama since its establishment in 1978. STC operates out of its home venue, The Wharf, on Sydney’s harbour, is the Resident Drama Company of the Sydney Opera House Drama Theatre and both performs in and manages the state of the art 850 seat Sydney Theatre at Walsh Bay.
We are looking for a passionate and willing Theatre Technician to provide lighting expertise and operation on a range of theatrical projects and events, across all Sydney Theatre Company and other associated venues.
The ideal candidate will have –
– Experience in all aspects of theatrical lighting.
– Ability and willingness to work safely at heights.
– Experience with the ETC ION and STRAND 500 series consoles preferred, although not essential.
– An appreciation of the art form of theatre, especially in an Australian context.
– Qualifications relating to the testing and tagging of electrical equipment.
– Strong entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter and an ability to work as part of a team.
– Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact equally well with professional associates, staff and sponsors.
Please visit our website and download a job description which also includes instructions on how to apply for this role.
Applications close Monday 11 April.