Theatre Technician, St Michael’s Grammar School, St Kilda
Posted on Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012
Permanent Part Time
We are looking for a committed, innovative and collaborative Theatre Technician, with a passion for the Performing Arts, who will be responsible for effectively supporting the curricular and co-curricular drama and music programs. The role involves assisting the Production Manager with maintaining the drama facilities and mentoring students in technical issues associated with productions and coordinate/deliver technical elements of School productions.
The successful applicant:
* Will have training and experience in Occupational Health and Safety issues related to the workplace and a production environment
* Will have demonstrated extensive practical experience in a similar role
* Will hold qualifications in the technical aspects and management of a theatre
* Will have rigging experience
* Will have a current, or be willing to gain an Elevated Working Platform license
* Will possess experience working with young people
* Must be willing to be involved in all aspects of the School’s program
* Will have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build rapport with both children and adults
* Will possess a high level of communication skills
* Can work unsupervised and as part of a collaborative team
This is a permanent part-time position commencing in June 2012. The contact days and hours will involve working during the day time, evenings and most Saturdays, depending on performances, which will require a high degree of flexibility.
You will be working with a professional and collaborative team, you will receive professional development and you will also be entitled to 5-weeks annual leave. This school is also located close to public transport and there is limited car parking available. The successful candidate will be offered a salary of $38,000 to $43,500 plus super (depending on experience) on a pro rata basis.
For more information, please see the position description.
If this sounds like the role you’ve been waiting for, apply now by emailing your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is 10am on 29 May 2012.
For enquiries, please contact Timea Toth, People and Strategy Officer on 03 8530 3363.