Theatre Technician, Coffs Harbour
Posted on Tuesday, April 29th, 2008
Coffs Harbour City Council is seeking a qualified and experienced technician for the position of Theatre technician for the Coffs Harbour Jetty Memorial Theatre. This position requires the skills required to install, repair, and operate lighting, electronic and audio/visual equipment.
Reporting to the Manager Jetty Theatre, this position is responsible for interpreting audio/visual designs and plans together with the technical requirements needed for each production.
The successful applicant will possess tertiary level qualifications in electronics or a related area plus minimum three (3) years experience in the installation, repair, and operation of lighting, electronic and audio/visual equipment. You will also need to interpret audio/visual designs, technical requirements and specifications and also realise technical solutions for desired set, lighting and sound effects.
Please view the Position Description for a complete description of the job.
Within the range $850.76 to $933.26 per week dependent upon qualifications and experience.
· Generous financial assistance for ongoing training and CPD
· Membership of our innovative Health and Well Being Program
· Reasonable Interview expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with Council’s Policy (tax invoices required).
· Relocation expenses of up to $2.5K will be reimbursed after six (6) months from commencement as per Councils Policy (tax invoices required).
· Hours of work will be flexible in accordance with theatre usage and will be based on working 150 hours over a four (4) week period with the spread of hours between 6.00am and 11.00pm each day. Core work hours are Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm or 8.30am to 5.00pm, with a lunch break of 1 hour (35 hours per week).
· Staff work a 19 days’ month with a Rostered Day Off every four 4 Weeks.
· Four weeks Annual Leave and three weeks cumulative sick leave per year.
· Each new employee is assigned a mentor.
· A Performance Management Review is undertaken at the expiration of six (6) months, at which the opportunity will arise for an increase in remuneration.
· At interview, shortlisted applicants must be prepared to provide the originals of all qualifications stated in the application.
· The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre employment medical screening.
Sharna St Leon, Jetty Theatre Manager on 02 6652 8081 or Enzo Accadia, Acting Community Services Manager on 02 6648 4830.
More info here
Job Closes: 11 May 2008
Posted: April 29th 2008