Theatre Technician, Belvoir St Theatre
Posted on Monday, January 30th, 2012
Belvoir is one of Australia’s most innovative and acclaimed theatre companies, performing at Belvoir St Theatre in Surry Hills.
We are looking for a full-time Theatre Technician to work within Belvoir’s Production department. The Theatre Technician is responsible for programming lighting or sound for all Belvoir productions and will work closely with the Technical Manager and the Head Mechanist in maintaining the theatre and it’s equipment.
1. Responsible for technical operation of lighting, sound or staging when required for Upstairs Theatre productions (approximately 20 weeks a year).
2. Responsible for programming the computer lighting desk/or Digital Sound Desk and Qlab during plotting sessions for both Upstairs and Downstairs Theatre shows.
3. Responsible in conjunction with the technical manager for preparing and supporting audio descriptive and captioning performances.
4. Responsible for lamp, sound and vision check prior to each performance in both the upstairs and downstairs theatre and troubleshoot if required.
5. In conjunction with the Technical Manager and Head Mechanist the theatre theatre technician is responsible for cleaning, repairing and maintaining all technical equipment including testing and tagging.
6. Assist the Production Department with other general building maintenance, repairs and other general on-site production staff duties that may arise from day to day.
7. Undertaking occasional building maintenance tasks in conjunction with the Facilities Manager.
For more information, download the Position Description here
Applications close – Monday 13 February 2012
All applications and questions to email@example.com