Theatre Technical Officer, Gillian Moore Centre for Performing Arts
Posted on Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008
The Centre is a world-class professional facility which provides Pymble Ladies College, Sydney with a fabulous auditorium designed to seat up to 750 people, complete with orchestra pit, fly tower and backstage assembly and preparation space suitable for dramatic productions of all sizes.
The Technical Officer reports to the Theatre Manager and is responsible for the effective, efficient, safe and timely delivery of all technical and staging requirements of events in the Centre, while also providing training for students and staff at the College in the areas of theatre production.
1. Provide technical support for College events
2. Manage administrative and functional tasks in the provision of technical support
3. Oversee external users of the Centre
4. Manage and maintain resources and equipment, including consultation on new purchases
5. Create lighting and sound designs for College productions and support contracted designers with associated activities
6. Provide training for students, staff and other relevant personnel in theatre technical skills
7. Communicate with the Theatre Manager in relation to the execution of all tasks and functions within the role and in the supervision of the Technical Assistant
8. Comply with OH&S procedures and practices, including risk management, and ensure that these procedures are communicated and followed by all users of the Centre
9. Remain abreast of industry developments in technical areas to support best practice in the Centre
Experience in theatre production and the provision of technical support for performance are required to successfully perform in this position, including the use of STRAND moving light controller and THEATRELIGHT lighting consoles as well as creating design in lighting and sound operation. Competency with Information Technology, a current Driver’s Licence, Elevated Work Platform Ticket, and Tag and Test Licence – Rigger’s Ticket are a distinct advantage and you must possess tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline or have relevant industry training and experience.
Pymble is a large and complex community, the GMCPA requires a staff member with a flexible and cooperative attitude to their work and a desire to be active and well-integrated in this wonderful community. Please note, Pymble Ladies’ College is an entirely smoke-free environment.
Posted: 3rd Sept 2008