Theatre Technical Manager Melbourne Theatre Company
Posted on Tuesday, February 9th, 2010
MTC is looking for a Theatre Technical Manager to manage all technical aspects and needs of the MTC Theatre.
Duties and Responsiblities include:
• In conjunction with heads of departments, provide day to day management of staff required for the technical support of all shows/events including:
o Recruitment and selection
o Performance appraisal
• In conjunction with the Theatre Manager, provide a range of technical information and services to MTC and hiring clients including:
o Liaise with all clients in regard to their technical needs
o Provide a high level of customer service to hirers
o Provide costings for staff and technical equipment for all hires including MTC productions
o Manage the implementation of technical requirements.
• Manage EHS requirements of the MTC theatre including:
o Develop and implement OHS procedures and safe work practices to achieve the standards required to successfully achieve Safety Map accreditation as prescribed by University of Melbourne.
o Provide OHS advice to all clients and establish the “rules” of the theatre
• Develop and maintain BOH maintenance schedules and liaise with Building Services Manager where required for FOH maintenance including:
o Manage service contracts.
o Manage ongoing maintenance of backstage equipment and areas.
• Develop operation systems including budgeting to provide cost effective and smooth operation of all backstage facilities.
• Advise on and manage the implementation of technical upgrades
• Maintain Asset Register for all Technical equipment.
• Work closely with the MTC Head of Production to ensure effective realization of MTC shows and delivery of cost effective outcomes.
• Participate in the execution of the Security Systems of the theatre including the role of fire warden
• Participate in the relationship with the Melbourne Recital Centre and the shared services.
For position description and to apply, please visit our website
Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 23 February 2010