Theatre Manager, Sydney
Posted on Thursday, August 18th, 2011
Ascham is an independent P-12 girls’ school established 125 years ago with an enrolment of over 1,000 girls. Ascham is located adjacent to Edgecliff Station.
A fantastic opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to take on the full-time role of Theatre Manager/Technician. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing, in an efficient and effective manner, the operations of a 700 seat theatre, drama studio and associated spaces.
* Skills and ability to oversee the operations of a 700 seat theatre and associated spaces
* Demonstrated knowledge, skills and technical experience in delivering lighting, sound, audio visual and staging services, including equipment operation and maintenance
* Knowledge and experience of technical production in live theatrical events, with the ability to effectively fulfil the role of Production Manager on school productions
* Demonstrated ability to perform basic lighting design for drama evenings, concerts and assemblies
* Well-developed communication, interpersonal and team skills to support the teaching of Drama and Music in the school
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to undertake physical work for extended periods and to work at heights
* Proven delivery of high-quality standards to meet production requirements in high-pressure situations
* Well-developed computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Photoshop, Audition and Premiere or similar
* Understanding and commitment to risk management procedures
* Understanding of and commitment to OH&S principles and a working understanding of applicable legislation.
* Current First Aid Certificate
* Elevated Work Platform (WP) Certification
* Electrical – Test and Tag Certification
* Riggers (RA) Certification
* RSA – Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
Applications addressing the selection criteria and including resumé and the names and contact details of three referees should be emailed to the Headmistress at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 26 August 2011.