Theatre Electrician MTC
Posted on Monday, August 30th, 2010
Melbourne Theatre Company is looking for an experienced Theatre Electrician to be part of the Production Team.
In this position you will primarily manufacture, rig, install and operate lighting and special effects for Melbourne Theatre Company productions.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Fault finding on electrical equipment (eg. lamps, plugs, etc)
· Repairing lighting fixtures, connectors and cables
· Protecting rigged lighting instruments and their cables from mechanical damage, understanding the impact of such damage and the implications on safe usage
· Protecting personnel, scenic elements and building from potential damage caused by lighting instruments and effect generators (eg. heat and smoke)
· Interpreting lighting plans and plots, rigging and focusing equipment (in a safe manner) and generating associated paperwork
· Confidently programming and operating computerized lighting desks with intelligent fixtures
· Set up sound, lighting and AV systems
· Install and operate effects systems
· Wire pracs and stage comms (onstage phones etc)
· Test and tag electrical equipment
For the position description and to apply, please visit http://www.mtc.com.au/about/employment/employment.aspx
Applications close Friday, 10 September 2010 at 5pm.