The Star Event Centre Technical Manager
Posted on Friday, August 31st, 2012
This role acts as the main point of contact in relation to technical operations for The Star Event Centre. The successful candidate will manage an expert team, responsible for all technical requirements including Audio, Lighting Audio Visual, Staging, Rigging Production Design and seating layouts.
• Supervise and complete all technical production requests from various internal departments and where required organise hire of equipment and or staff.
• Ensure all technical systems are fully operational and maintained by the supervisors and relevant team.
• Provide written quotations for equipment and labour supplied to meet production specifications and ensure these costs are recouped monthly.
• Attend production meetings and document technical requirements for upcoming events.
• Provide quotations for all technical services as required by each event.
• Make contact with hirers to establish their requirements and provide guidelines regarding OH&S.
• Maintain financial control and monthly operating costs within budget
Required Skills & Experience;
• Proven experience managing all technical operations in a busy medium to large multi-purpose venue.
• Experience as a Technical Director for major corporate events, functions & presentations
• Qualifications/Certificate in a relevant field highly regarded
• Financial management experience
• Experience in In-house and corporate production requirements.
• Experience in multi camera outside broadcast requirements for live events
• Experience in overseeing large concert production rigging
• Broad knowledge of digital audio systems, digital AV and large concert lighting rigs
• Experience in computer aided design (CAD) desirable
Working at The Star brings some great benefits, including generous discounts at our hotels, bars & restaurants, lunch provided daily, discounted city parking plus much more!
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you! Apply now.