The Concourse, Chatswood – Casual Technical Theatre Staff
Posted on Tuesday, August 16th, 2016
Century Venues, Australia’s most creative, innovative and entrepreneurial venue operator, has been appointed Managers of The Concourse, a state-of-the-art hub for culture, entertainment, information, retail, food and beverage. Offering a unique mix of venues, The Concourse opened in September 2011. Century Venues manages the performance venues of the complex which include a 1,000 seat Concert Hall, 500 seat Theatre, 150 seat experimental space and a 520 square metre function and corporate events venue.
Conveniently located in the heart of Chatswood on Sydney’s North Shore, The Concourse is set to become Sydney’s most vibrant and exciting entertainment destination.
An opportunity exists for experienced Theatre Technicians to become involved in one of Sydney’s leading performing arts spaces. Working within the in-house technical team your knowledge and experience will form an integral part of The Concourse experience to both clients and patrons.
- Working in conjunction with the Technical Manager & Technical Supervisors, ensure the highest possible standards of technical service is provided to our clients and patrons.
- Employing your relevant technical skill in delivering the required expertise when and where required.
- Working within Work Health and Safety guidelines.
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in the setup and presentation of live theatre productions or previous experience working as a technician with professional or community based performance groups
- Thorough knowledge in one or more of the fields of stagecraft, lighting, sound, Computer Aided flying, rigging, Video or basic stage management procedures
- Proven ability to work unsupervised, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to read/interpret technical plans and specifications
- A proven ability to work proactively and flexibly within not only your immediate team but also the entire The Concourse management group
- A competent standard of oral communication
- A high standard of personal appearance
- Basic understanding of popular office software suites.
- As Century Venues using an SMS rostering system, the ability to receive SMS messages advising you of your shifts.
- A current first aid certificate
- An EWP / Boom license
- A government recognized certification in an appropriate theatre discipline.
For your application to be considered you must submit:
- A cover letter addressing the criteria
- A resume detailing your employment history
This role is a key contributor to event delivery and client satisfaction. It is critical that you are service-oriented, problem solution focused, flexible and professionally mature.
For further information on The Concourse, see www.theconcourse.com.au.
Send your resume with a covering letter addressing the criteria to email@example.com by Friday 2nd September 2016. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.