Technician Staging, Arts Centre Melbourne
Posted on Thursday, March 15th, 2012
Variable Time @ 25pw, Band 2.1.1 – Salary $44,055
This position requires an experienced individual to participate in our Production Staging Team across all areas of the complex.
Typical duties performed at this level may include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Working performances and venue preparation, in a team and individually
• With the Staging Supervisor assist in coordinating the work of other staging staff
• Delivering procedures and practices to comply with safety requirements
• Rigging knowledge applicable to theatre
• Working knowledge of all Arts Centre venues and relevant equipment
• Participating in venue documentation including fault reporting, consumables and charges
• Participating in venue and daily maintenance
The position requires an experienced individual to participate in staging crews across all areas of the complex. The successful applicant will require a relevant Trade Certificate at a recognised institution or a minimum of two years experience, participating in stage teams to a capacity equal to Staging Technician in the event- theatre industry.
What We Offer
At Arts Centre Melbourne we value people who are energetic and passionate about what they do, in return we offer a strong Wellbeing program, access to leading performances, a staff café and learning and development opportunities.
Interested applicants are encouraged to obtain further details, by referring to the position description on the Arts Centre Melbourne website or by contacting Darren Paine, Operations Manager – Staging ph. 9281-8142
To apply, applications should be forwarded to email@example.com by 5.00pm, Friday March 30th
Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Important Note: Only Candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted for an interview. If you have not received a response from us two weeks after the closing date please consider your application to be unsuccessful.