Technical Theatre Staff, The Concourse
Posted on Monday, September 12th, 2011
Century Venues, Australia’s most creative, innovative and entrepreneurial venue operator, has recently been appointed Managers of The Concourse, a state-of-the-art hub for culture, entertainment, information, retail, food and beverage. Offering a unique mix of venues, The Concourse opens in September 2011. Century Venues will manage the performance venues of the complex which include a 1,000 seat Concert Hall, 500 seat Theatre, 150 seat experimental space and a 520 square metre function and corporate events venue.
Conveniently located in the heart of Chatswood on Sydney’s North Shore, The Concourse is set to become Sydney’s most vibrant and exciting entertainment destination.
An opportunity exists for experienced Theatre Technicians to become involved in one of Sydney’s leading performing arts spaces. Working within the in-house technical team your knowledge and experience will form an integral part of The Concourse experience to both clients and patrons.
• Working in conjunction with the Technical Manager, ensure the highest possible standards of technical service is provided to our clients and patrons.
• Employing your relevant technical skill in delivering the required expertise when and where required.
• Working within Occupational Health and Safety guidelines.
• Thorough technical knowledge and experience in the setup and presentation of live theatre productions or previous experience working as a technician with professional or community based performance groups
• Thorough knowledge in one or more of the fields of stagecraft, lighting, sound, flying, rigging or basic stage management procedures
• Proven ability to work unsupervised, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to read/interpret technical plans and specifications
• A proven ability to work proactively and flexibly within not only your immediate team but also the entire The Concourse management group
• A competent standard of oral communication
• A high standard of personal appearance
• Basic understanding of popular office software suites.
• As Century Venues using an SMS rostering system, the ability to receive SMS messages advising you of your shifts.
• A current first aid certificate
• An EWP / Boom license
• A government recognized certification in an appropriate theatre discipline.
For your application to be considered you must submit
• A cover letter addressing the criteria
• A resume detailing your employment history
The closing date is Wednesday 21st Sept. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
This role is a key contributor to event delivery and client satisfaction. It is critical that you are service-oriented, problem solution focused, flexible and professionally mature.
To apply for this position or make further enquiries please contact Drew De Mullich email@example.com