Technical Support Technician, Sydney Opera House
Posted on Thursday, May 20th, 2010
This is a wonderful opportunity for a highly skilled Technical Support Technician to provide a range of services, support and ongoing maintenance to hirers and clients to meet production design requirements during live performances and events.
SELECTION CRITERIA TO ADDRESS IN YOUR APPLICATION:
1. Experience as a Support Technician in a live theatre/entertainment environment minimum 3 years.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary theatre equipment, formats, standards and practices and component parts to enable effective service, maintenance and replacement.
3. Understanding and experience in information technology networks and systems (highly desirable)
4. A high client service orientation particularly in the delivery of technical requirements in live theatre and performing arts environments
5. Relevant skills and experience working effectively as part of a technical services team
6. Demonstrated high level technical ability with electronic, electrical and communication systems. ( Trade certificates or equivalent experience desirable)
7. Well developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication and relationship building skills
Job Status: Casual
Vacancy No: SOH166
Salary Details: $27.56 per hour + Scaled Penalty ($2.41/hr) + Casual Loading ($6.42/hr) + Super
Salary Notes: This position is covered by the SOH Enterprise Agreement
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants MUST submit their resume and a separate document addressing the selection criteria.
All advertisements will list selection criteria, which describe the skills, knowledge and experience that applicants must possess in order to undertake the duties of the position.
You need to provide a statement against each of the selection criteria & use examples to demonstrate how your skills, knowledge, experience & qualifications (where these are appropriate) are relevant to the requirements of the job.
Applicants are encouraged to submit applications online at http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/taleo.aspx, however if you experience difficulties please email email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number in the email subject line.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact: Cameron O’Neill (02) 9250 7582
APPLICATIONS CLOSE COB FRIDAY 28 MAY2010
Please Note: Sydney Opera House will not accept applications from employment agencies or overseas applicants for this position. Only Australian citizens or residents may apply.