Technical Supervisor, The Concourse
Posted on Wednesday, August 9th, 2017
The Century group is a live entertainment producer, festival presenter and the operator of a suite of venues that includes the Enmore Theatre, Metro Theatre, the Factory Theatre complex, the Sydney Comedy Store and The Concourse Performing Arts Centre Chatswood.
With well over 1,000 events per year and over ½ million ticket sales, Century is Australia’s most vibrant and dynamic independent entertainment operator
Applications are now open for the position of Technical Supervisor
The position is fulltime, based in Chatswood at The Concourse Performing Arts Centre.
An opportunity exists for an experienced, proactive individual to join the production team. Managing a pool of key casuals and working with clients to help produce their shows.
All duties and tasks associated with Technical services for events and event clients including:
* Client meetings and site meetings.
* Negotiating with, guiding clients through, and delivering all technical services relating to events at The Concourse.
* Quoting and negotiating quotes with clients.
* Arranging for internal or external staffing, equipment and other resources in advance of the event, booking those resources and ensuring their operation during the event
* Ensuring the most efficient and financially prudent way of resourcing events to maximise venue profitability and client satisfaction
* Ensuring that all of the above are actioned within the prescribed systems including Event Pro, WRIKE, Rosterlive within the mandated timeframes and with strict compliance to the methodology and procedure.
Assist the Technical Team with delivery of events including bumpins, bumpouts, supervision of casual staff, training of staff and operating of events when required.
* Several years experience within technical production and events,
* A proven ability to work with management and clients and to meet or exceed their expectations.
* The ability to function as part of a small management team providing mutual assistance to other departments and team members.
* Written and oral communication skills
* A high standard of personal appearance
* The understanding that this is both a management and a physical/hands on position
* Solid understanding of basic office software suites and the ability to follow systems and procedures in electronic software programs.
* A keen eye for detail across all areas of responsibility
* Flexibility in hours and an understanding that your hours and days of work will vary depending on event loads
• Knowledge of Events Pro, Wrike and Xero (training will be provided)
• An understanding of the unique nature of technical production associated within a performance venue.
• Extensive experience in either operation of Audio, Lighting or Stage Management.
This role is a key contributor to event delivery and client satisfaction. It is critical that you are service-oriented, problem solution focused, flexible and professionally mature.
For further information on The Concourse, see www.theconcourse.com.au.
Send your resume with a covering letter addressing the criteria to the Technical Manager, Brettw@centuryvenues.com.au by Friday 18th August 2017