Newcastle’s busy Civic Theatre has an opportunity for an experienced Technical Supervisor to join their team.
Reporting to the Technical Production Coordinator, you will be responsible for the planning, oversight and delivery of all rigging and staging aspects of the events within the Civic Theatre, Playhouse and City Hall, amongst other venues.
Leveraging off your extensive rigging experience, you will be inspect and maintain all rigging equipment, height safety equipment and stage machinery. You will also oversee day-to-day staging operations across our venues and provide excellent customer service and professional delivery of live performance events for our clients.
With a focus on safety, you will also be responsible for the implementation and adherence to Emergency Control Plans and procedures. Your leadership skills will additionally be utilised to assist the Technical Production Coordinator in the induction, development, supervision and performance management of casual back of house staff.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Current National License to Perform High Risk Work – Rigging Advanced (RA)
- Demonstrated previous experience in the design and implementation of entertainment and live performance rigging solutions.
- Certificate 3 in Live Production Technical, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated industry experience including leading technical roles and staff management experience.
- Proven ability to contribute to, and lead, a team to efficiently deliver time critical outcomes.
- Demonstrated commitment to high level customer service and effective client relationship management.
- Proven communication skills, both orally and written, including the ability to explain complex situations, with staff, clients and the public, and to contribute to and create reports and documentation that support operational requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of cost estimates for minor projects and client quotes and working with budget frameworks.
- Experience in the preparation and delivery of minor projects.
- Ability to monitor compliance with WHS Systems, Emergency Control Plans, WorkCover guidelines and Building Code of Australia.
- Current Class C driver’s license
- Current Working With Children Check
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
Newcastle City Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Monday 5 March 2018
Remuneration: $69,753 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 38 hour week.
For further details please contact Lachlan Thomas – Technical Production Coordinator – 0402 008 444
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Relevant Criminal History, Apprehended Violence Orders and prior employment checks, including relevant disciplinary proceedings, will be conducted on recommended applicants.