Technical Supervisor Gold Coast Arts Centre
Posted on Monday, January 11th, 2010
Gold Coast Arts Centre in Surfers Paradise is one of Australia’s leading regional performing arts venues. The Centre is managed by Gold Coast Arts Centre Pty Ltd an independent company created by Gold Coast City Council that seeks to maximise utilisation of Centre facilities at competitive commercial rates while recognising specified community obligations and encouraging increased and wider participation in cultural and entertainment events.
The organisation is undergoing a change in strategic and artistic direction and there is a rare opportunity to join this team at a leadership level.
This position is charged with the responsibility for;
• Ensuring that all technical facilities, resources and requirements within GCAC meet both client and company expectations while adhering to all relevant standards, codes, legislation and policies and procedures, with particular emphasis on WH&S compliance.
• Providing excellence in leadership and staff supervision, mentoring and training for permanent and casual technical staff ensuring that all staffing requirement and rosters are completed.
• Development and renewal of the Company’s theatre, workshop and spaces and the Company’s technical equipment and other resources.
To be successful in this position you will have;
1. Demonstrated practical experience in a similar leadership technical position(s) for at least 3 years;
2. A proven ability in building and maintaining key operational procedures and standards as they relate to technical services and customer expectations;
3. A sound understanding of WH&S policies and procedures with experience in implementing these within a live theatre environment.
Download a full job description here
For further information and a position description please contact:
Executive Assistant to the General Manager
Ph: 07 5581 6505
Applications must address the selection criteria and be received by close of business Friday 22nd of January 2010
All completed applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com