Technical Operations Supervisor – Events, Qudos Bank Arena
Posted on Thursday, May 5th, 2016
Sydney’s premier entertainment venue, Qudos Bank Arena, is looking to appoint an experienced event operations supervisor to the role of Technical Operations Supervisor – Events. Reporting to the Assistant Technical Manager, this hands on role is responsible for supervising casual staff members in the delivery of the physical setup, operations and maintenance of all equipment associated with our clients and the Arena.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the setup and packdown of Main Arena & Business Events, including interacting with both internal and external stakeholders, and facilitating their requirements during bump in, show and bump out as required by the event schedule.
- Supervise the setting up of the Arena’s equipment including the building of stages, rigging curtains, setting of retractable and floor seating, barricades, sporting equipment and any other production requirements for an event.
- Oversee the setting of banquet tables and chairs and other function related equipment, corporate suites and front of house requirements (turnstiles, food court and restaurant furniture).
- Supervise casual staff, maintaining their productivity levels and ensuring tasks are completed on time.
- Oversee and undertake the maintenance of all Technical Department equipment ensuring it is inspected, serviced, logged and maintained regularly.
- Ensure the routine upkeep of Arena mobile plant is executed, specifically Forklifts, Electric Buggies, Scissor Lifts and Pallet Walkers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience with supervision of staff, preferably within the live events setting.
- Has a demonstrated understanding of the events industry.
- Is physically fit and willing to get their hands dirty.
- Is willing to learn and be part of a team.
- Has an eye for detail and the ability to take initiative.
- Drivers Licence required.
- Forklift Licence required.
- Experience with basic power tools required.
- High Risk Licences for Rigging and Elevated Work Platform desired.
- Experience with MS Office and general computer knowledge preferred.
How to apply?
To apply, please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 13 May 2016