Technical Manager, Darwin Entertainment Centre
Posted on Monday, June 6th, 2016
The Darwin Entertainment Centre is Darwin’s premier entertainment and performance venue with two state of the art theatres both having flexible seating capacities as well as a rehearsal room, gallery and alfresco bar area.
We are seeking an experienced manager with strong technical, organisational and leadership skills to manage the Centre’s technical requirements including rostering and supervision of two permanent and a pool of casual technical staff.
Generous salary and relocation assistance offered for the right candidate.
- Technical management experience in a multi-functional performing arts venue including staffing, programming, and operating sound, lighting, counterweight fly and digital equipment
- Strong computer literacy including use of venue and audio/lighting software, and ability to read and draw CAD and other plans
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated communication skills for effective liaison with diverse range of groups and people
- Ability to develop and implement a maintenance program for a performance venue
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meeting deadlines and within budget
- Sound knowledge of OH&S regulations with experience in risk assessment and management
- Capacity and willingness to maintain currency and update skills in performing arts technology
- First Aid, Fire Warden, Working at Height and Riggers tickets, and Ochre Card required
Email your CV and application letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org