Technical Manager, Burdekin Cultural Complex
Posted on Monday, December 6th, 2010
The Burdekin Cultural Complex is currently seeking applications for the position of Technical Manager.
Reporting to the Theatre Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing vital support to all Burdekin Cultural Complex stakeholders in delivering production requirements to all hirers and contractors.
Key priorities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and managing production/technical requirements which include all staffing, scheduling, operations and any other logistical requirements in accordance with the Burdekin Cultural Complex’s procedures and policies to achieve the delivery of projects and activities;
• Creating, managing and controlling budgets (expenses) for the staging of all events/activities and to ensure that all necessary production equipment, materials and staff along with any other expenses are within allocated budget;
• Providing specialised technical advice, across a wide range of stakeholders for the creative interpretation and realisation of various activities and events.
The successful applicant will possess a tertiary qualification or recognised relevant industry experience in a technical production environment as well as expertise and knowledge of events in live theatre production.
This is not a 9 to 5 position and requires the individual to work evenings and weekends in accordance with performance schedules. It will require the individual to have a high degree of flexibility in their work times. A Position Description can be downloaded here.
The application should consist of:
1. A covering letter and resume providing details of how your skills/ability, knowledge, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
2. All applicants are requested to provide names and contact details of two referees.
Application packages are available from the Council’s web site @ www.burdekin.qld.gov.au or by contacting the Council’s Human Resources Office on 07 4783 9845. Applications will close on Wednesday 23 December, 2010 and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:-
Confidential Application, Position No. 10003, Burdekin Shire Council, PO Box 974, AYR Qld 4807.