Technical Manager, Albany Entertainment Centre
Posted on Monday, March 11th, 2013
AEG Ogden (Perth) Pty Ltd is the venue manager for the Perth Theatre Trust, managing His Majesty’s Theatre, Perth Concert Hall, Subiaco Arts Centre, State Theatre Centre of WA, Albany Entertainment Centre and the venues’ ticketing operations. We are seeking a suitably qualified and motivated Technical Manager to effectively and efficiently manage and co-ordinate the technical and staging operations of Albany Entertainment Centre in a safe and cost effective manner.
The Albany Entertainment Centre is an award winning Performing Arts and Convention Centre serving Western Australia’s Great Southern region and incorporates the 620 seat Princess Royal Theatre, 200 seat Kalyenup Studio and award winning VIEW restaurant.
With its state of the art facilities and stunning waterfront location the AEC has, since its opening in December 2010, established itself as one of Australia’s premier regional venues.
The AEC hosts the Perth International Arts Festival’s annual Great Southern Festival, as well as presenting a wide range of commercial touring productions and programmed events. The AEC also works closely with members of Albany’s vibrant music scene to promote participation in the performing arts at a community level.
This position will suit someone who enjoys working in a small dynamic team, who is self motivated and has excellent communication skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Suitable entertainment industry, trade or tertiary qualifications.
* Minimum 5 year’s experience and proven record in the delivery of sophisticated stage productions, functions and events.
* Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
* Ability to supervise, motivate and lead teams of technicians in a hands on team environment, and to delegate work where necessary
* High Level of knowledge regarding all aspects of Stage Lighting and Stage Mechanics.
* Demonstrated operating skills in – Stage lighting design, interpretation and execution. Rigging of flys and operation of a single purchase counterweight system and electric winches. Rigging and operation of audio systems. Operation of staging equipment and machinery. Set construction techniques.
* Ability to operate and maintain digital lighting and audio systems
* High Level of knowledge regarding Stage Lighting and Stage Mechanics.
* Experience in Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis
* Experience in the use of Vectorworks or similar CAD software program.
* High level Windows operating system proficiency and in use of internet and e-mail, and
Microsoft Word & Excel software, and other Theatre lighting and sound software packages.
* Advanced Rigging Qualifications
* EWP and Forklift licences
* First Aid qualification
* Ability to provide a National Police Clearance
* Ability to provide a Construction Safety Awareness Training Card (White/Blue Card)
* Ability to provide a Current Theatrical Pyrotechnics License
* Ability to provide a “Working With Children” Certificate
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* OS&H qualification
* Experience in the use of Ungerboeck EBMS venue business management software or similar program
* Experience in the use of Pinnacle Asset management software or similar program
* Knowledge of data, communications and electrical cabling including fiber optics
* Current WA electrical workers license
The position is full-time for a fixed initial term to 30 June 2014.
For more information and to obtain application details contact the General Manager of Corporate Services
All applicants should address the selection criteria above.
AEG Ogden (Perth) Pty Ltd
PO Box 7118,
Cloisters Square WA 6850
Applications close at 4.00pm on Wed 20 March 2013