Technical Coordinator, Events
Posted on Friday, September 23rd, 2011
- Based at the Melbourne Museum
- Full time; Fixed term until 31 July 2012
- $60,378 + 9% Superannuation
Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking a Technical Coordinator to work with clients and Event staff to successfully plan and execute the technical operation and infrastructure for events.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at four distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the Technical Coordinator will be to effectively plan and coordinate technical infrastructure items during events to ensure client satisfaction, compliance with relevant industry, venue and legal regulations and delivering event services within budget
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Extensive working experience in the planning, delivery and support of technical infrastructure for events of various scale.
- Knowledge and “hands on” experience of lighting, audio, video, staging, rigging, digital and computer technologies and their application in a variety of public environments.
- Demonstrated competency and knowledge of dealing with the electrical requirements of events and the ability to prepare briefs for clients, contractors and integrators
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, search ‘employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Andy Greenwood on (03) 8341 7156.
To apply, please send your Resume and Covering Letter to email@example.com quoting position number MV/8029 by COB, Monday 3 October 2011.