$43 per hour (inc. 25% loading in lieu of entitlements plus Super)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced enthusiastic individuals to join our Arts and Culture team as a Supervising Technician at the City of Boroondara on a casual basis.
This is an opportunity for you to provide effective technical service to internal and external users of the stage and function rooms of the Hawthorn Arts Centre and Kew Court House.
You will be responsible for:
- Supervising all aspects of the venues’ operations and processes to satisfy and meet hirers’ needs, including technical operations, staff, volunteers, contractors and performance staff
- Assisting the Coordinator Cultural Facilities in planning and staging events in both venues, including reporting and maintain amenity and safety of all events
- Organising staffing and equipment according to clients’ requirements
- Assisting in the development and review of new and current plans, policies and procedures, monitoring their effectiveness and for reshaping them if necessary
- Liaising with Council staff, and other community groups to provide an integrated approach to the delivery of arts and cultural services
- Contribute to the monitoring of venue functionality, furniture and fittings to ensure safety and security, and carry out minor maintenance as assessed by the Coordinator Cultural Facilities.
- Delivering excellent customer service by engaging and welcoming all hirers of the venues and responding positively to all enquiries and requests
To be considered for this role you will bring practical experience and specialist technical knowledge in staging venue productions. You will demonstrate your ability to manage a team, meet deadlines and be able to work cohesively in a team environment. Your customer service, written and verbal communication skills must be well developed. To be successful in this position you will need to hold a venue technical training certificate from an accredited organisation or equivalent technical experience in a professional venue environment. You will have a good level of physical fitness to perform manual handling tasks required in function/meeting/performance supervision settings.
Want to know more?
For any further information please refer to the position description – Supervising Technician, or contact Miriam Paul, Coordinator Cultural Facilities on 9278 7882.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. The successful applicant may be required to undergo a National Criminal History check, medical check and/or working with children check.
Who are we?
The City of Boroondara is a metropolitan council, representing more than 170,000 people in the inner-eastern suburbs of Melbourne. A leader in the local government sector, with a reputation for innovation and excellence, we believe in providing an environment where our staff thrive, both in the work they do and in how they learn and develop as people and professionals.
We like to challenge the norm and we are investing significantly in innovation and technology improvements in order to provide our customers with an even greater experience and engagement. We are putting our customers at the forefront of what we do with our organisation wide change initiative, the Customer Experience Improvement Strategy (CEIS).
You will be instrumental in driving this change across the organisation using best practice approaches to successfully support us from the now to our desired future state.
With so much going on it’s a great time to join Boroondara!
Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer & suitable applicants from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.