Staging Supervisor, SOH
Posted on Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
The position holder is responsible for leading, supervising and developing technical teams to deliver outstanding staging production for both performances and corporate events. A Staging Supervisor leads, mentors and ensures crew and production compliance with appropriate policies and procedures including risk management procedures. This position delivers relevant technical standards and works collaboratively within the production team to ensure the smooth and effective delivery of services, contributing to the rostering including charging of staff and equipment to meet business demands and EA requirements. This position ensures compliance with relevant technical and WHS standards and contributes to the ongoing development of WHS awareness at Sydney Opera House.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Comprehensive skills and experience (minimum 5 years) in live the theatre/entertainment industry.
- High level of technical expertise, comprehensive skills and experience in all aspects of staging operation and rigging design.
- Demonstrated high level supervisory skills, including a demonstrated track record of event delivery and thorough knowledge of supervisory responsibilities under WHS.
- Knowledge of SOH policies and procedures including the EA to meet working conditions and client needs.
- Good communication, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational, analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and prioritise work.
- Numerical ability and lateral thinking.
- Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights, good hearing and vision.
- Flexibility and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of computer-related technology.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
- What is your experience in leading and developing production teams?
- What is your experience in delivering world class production and performance staging elements within a live theatre and events environment?
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at http://jobs.nsw.gov.au. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Full-Time, Ongoing
Position No: SOH798
Salary: Base salary of $94,087 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation contribution
Applications Close: Sunday 28th February 2016
Enquiries: Lou Rosicky, Head of Staging, email@example.com