Sound and Audio Visual Supervisor
Posted on Friday, March 25th, 2011
Opera Australia is a Sydney-based full time repertory company staging over 200 performances at the Sydney Opera House and The Victorian Arts Centre annually. It also tours and hires productions both interstate and overseasOA is seeking to engage a full time Sound and Audio Visual Supervisor.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience in the Sound and Audio Visual field in a professional theatre and events environment and will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Proven experience and background in sound and audio visual systems
• A thorough knowledge of the set-up and operation of sound and audio visual equipment.
• Extensive knowledge of audio visual industry practices, standards, and procedures
• A good understanding of projection systems
• Experience in supervising and directing staff
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently, problem-solve, and prioritise multiple tasks
• You will be able to work well under pressure
• Applicants must be willing to travel and work varied hours
A salary based on experience and qualifications will be negotiated.Applications must be received by close of business, 8 April, 2011
For more details on the position and how to apply click here