SOH392 Communications & Integration Engineer (Technical Support)
Posted on Thursday, November 8th, 2012
Sydney Opera House takes people on a journey from the ordinary to the extraordinary – amplifying experiences and inspiring imaginations. A masterpiece of human creativity, the building is alive all year round with world class performance of every style and genre. As a member of the Sydney Opera House team, you play an important role in celebrating creativity and capturing the imaginations of people all over the world.
This position is responsible for the system design, maintenance, configuration and integration of theatre related systems including show communications including digital wired, wireless, two-way radios, audio and video over IP, speaker system control and fibre and data network integration.
This position will contribute knowledge and industry standard practice to the preparation and execution of all performances and broadcast events with particular emphasis on digital audio communications equipment and radio frequency (RF) management including proficiency with audio and video matrix, routing and relevant control software.
This position will provide leadership in the development and integration of all network related theatre technology systems as well as leading and mentoring other members of the Technical Support department whilst ensuring compliance with relevant technical, IS and OHS standards.
1. Comprehensive skills and experience (minimum 5 years) in live theatre/entertainment industry.
2. Extensive knowledge of digital and analogue communications equipment such as Riedel Artist, Mediornet, Motorola, VoIP is essential.
3. Radio Frequency (RF) management and the ability to program RF and fault-find RF issues “on the fly” essential.
4. Extensive knowledge in networked audio distribution with a working knowledge of AES, MADI, audio over IP, matrixes, clock and sync issues and resolutions.
5. Extensive knowledge with digital radio technology, electronic circuits, control software and data networks.
6. Demonstrated knowledge and application of computer related technology for show and entertainment needs including design and simulation programs.
7. Good communication, team building, and interpersonal skills.
8. Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights, good hearing and vision.
Job Status: Full Time – Temporary, initial 12 month contract with opportunity to extend
Vacancy Reference Number: SOH392
Salary Package: up to $91,665 per annum (base salary in the range of $79533 – $84097 pa plus superannuation)
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Review the relevant information as provided for in the Job Application Package.
2. Prepare your responses to the Selection Criteria in a separate document, as a guide 1 or 2 paragraphs demonstrating how you meet each criteria is sufficient. Please note applications are shortlisted based on your responses to the selection criteria.
3. Submit your application at http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/careers, include a copy of your resume, along with your responses to the Selection Criteria.
We encourage your questions and discussion with the contact person below.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact: Brad Maiden 02 9250 7644
Applications close: 5pm on Monday 19th November 2012