SOH358 Technical Manager, Theatre and Events
Posted on Thursday, May 24th, 2012
Sydney Opera House (SOH) provides one of the most unique employment opportunities world-wide, as a result of our landmark location, artistic focus, diverse range of people and challenging work within a constantly evolving commercial business environment.
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a position as the central and senior person at Sydney Opera House primarily accountable for the implementation of key technical policies, strategies and procedures across the business units of Lighting, Staging, Sound/AV and Technical Support.
An opportunity has become available for a highly experienced and motivated Technical Manager to:
* Providing leadership and effectively managing the Production Services team.
* Providing guidance, direction and mentoring with an emphasis on leading the team’s work.
* Business accountability including finances, rostering, performance management, performance feedback, OHS, training, charging and contracting.
* Ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of Production services across all events across multiple venues.
* Ensuring that these services support the artistic vision and the strategic goals of the Sydney Opera House.
1. Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Theatre Technical or related disciplines.
2. Demonstrated ability to lead and manage large numbers of staff in a variety of technical disciplines creating a highly motivated team environment, responsive to industry and workplace change
3. Demonstrated leadership and strategic skills for the development and implementation of business related strategies, programs and initiatives
4. Comprehensive experience and knowledge in a live-theatre and entertainment environment including technical operations
5. A thorough knowledge of current theatre production, design and technical practices in multi-disciplines.
6. Ability to provide strong financial management of the Production Services department including budget forecasting and reporting.
7. A proven track record in daily operational coordination across multiple events/productions and/or venues and multi-project management.
8. Demonstrated high level experience as a Senior Manager, in Theatre or Event related business.
9. Proven track record in the recruitment, training and management of professional teams including performance management.
10. A natural leadership style that wins people over and creates a loyal following.
11. Ability to think laterally with excellent problem solving skills and able to devise new and creative systems.
12. Well developed communication skills and a demonstrable command of producing high level business documentation including very high-level proficiency with computer programs.
Job Status: Full Time – Temporary, initial 12 month contract with opportunity to extend
Vacancy Reference Number: SOH358
Salary Package: $128,990 per annum (base salary of $118,339 per annum plus superannuation)
For further information please download the full job application package at www.sydneyoperahouse.com/careers
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Review the relevant information as provided for in the Job Application Package.
2. Prepare your responses to the Selection Criteria, as a guide 1 or 2 paragraphs demonstrating how you meet each criteria is sufficient. Please note applications are shortlisted based on your responses to the selection criteria.
3. Submit your application as a single attachment at http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/careers, include your resume and your responses to the Selection Criteria.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact: David Claringbold, Director Theatre & Events on 9250 7101
Applications close: 5pm Friday 15th June 2012