Senior Lighting Technician Townsville
Posted on Tuesday, December 14th, 2010
The Townsville Civic Theatre is North Queensland’s premier cultural facility owned and managed by Townsville City Council. Since its opening in 1978, the Theatre continues to be a dynamic centre of entertainment and provide an environment to further develop the performing arts in Townsville and the region.
One of the leading regional venues in Australia the Theatre boasts superior technical equipment, including state of the art sound and lighting systems meeting the requirements of international, national touring artists and local community users.
The Riverway Arts Centre opened in 2006; The Performance Space is a contemporary studio style space capable of presenting a wide range of performance styles. Dance, drama and music events are catered for while maintaining the flexibility to also accommodate conferences and seminars, dinners and balls, product launches and exhibitions.
The Townsville City Council Performing Arts venues through the Council’s Public Performance Program present a diverse range of drama, dance, music and opera from national and international artists and local performing arts organisations.
• Exciting position in Queensland’s largest regional City
• Career and lifestyle benefits
Take control of your career and join one of the North Queensland’s largest and most diverse organisations, the Townsville City Council, which has a strong connection to a thriving community of more than 170,000 residents. A career with Townsville City Council offers challenging and rewarding work, with outstanding opportunities for personal and career development. We know that by investing in our staff, we also get the best return for our community, so we are focused on creating a dynamic and flexible environment where people are valued and respected, enjoy the work they do and benefit from superior work conditions.
As Senior Technician – Lighting you will supervise, lead and administer the lighting component of the Performing Arts Section and provide a high level of service and advice to users of the Townsville Civic Theatre and Riverway Arts Centre. You will be a proactive person with hands on approach using your knowledge for creating and implementing lighting designs. You will work closely with members of the Technical Team to stage productions and other performing arts related activities.
This position will require an introductory cover letter with your resume.
For this position, it is not a requirement that you respond to each of the selection criterion individually. However, you should ensure that your cover letter and resume provide sufficient detail to demonstrate how you meet these criteria.
* Demonstrated ability in creating lighting designs for varying types of productions.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement and rig lighting designs.
* Demonstrated ability in operating a lighting desk, creating effects and the use of moving lights.
* Demonstrated ability in rigging and experience in the use of a counter-weight flying system.
* Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and being able to problem-solve quickly and effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise staff and provide a high level of customer services.
* A practical knowledge of other technical systems including lighting and staging.
* Proven experience in lighting in a regional venue or performing arts centre.
* Demonstrated computer literacy skills with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications, MSDOS, PhotoEditor, PhotoShop, Web and other editing programmes.
* Current Queensland ‘C’ class driver’s licence.
* A tertiary qualification in Theatre – Technical.
* Positive Notice Blue Card.
* Experience in using a Strand 550i console.
CLOSING DATE >> 10TH JANUARY 2011
To apply and for further information, log onto www.townsville.qld.gov.au and view the Jobs and Careers section.