Rigging Technician, International Convention Centre Sydney
Posted on Monday, July 18th, 2016
Opening in December 2016, International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney) is destined to be the premier business and cultural events precinct in the Asia Pacific region, showcasing Sydney to the world through its convention, exhibition and entertainment centre.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Rigging Technician. This role will act as a vital team member within our Audio Visual division, as we prepare to open and manage a $1.5 billion development that will transform the Darling Harbour precinct.
Please note, this role is anticipated to commence between September & December 2016.
- Execute rigging and staging for all events under direction from the Rigging Manager.
- Operate rigging, staging and automation systems as required for event staging and set ups, including all retractable seating and operable walls when required.
- Maintain all rigging equipment in good working order and organise repairs and maintenance through our Facilities Management partner.
- Attend production meetings and document rigging and staging requirements for upcoming events.
- Execute bump-ins and set-ups for all event staging rigging and drapes.
- Operate rigging and staging systems during events.
- Operate rigging, staging and automation systems as required for event staging and set ups.
- Operate movable grids and all chain motors as required.
- Complete all rigging and staging production requests
Required Skills & Experience:
- Equivalent Degree in AV/or similar.
- Current Rigging/dogging license
- Current working knowledge of the hospitality, convention and exhibition industry.
- Experience in large venue, arena, stadium or similar facility
We welcome high achievers who are excited to take on new challenges and share their ideas. On-the-job training, development and exposure to an exciting work environment will give you the opportunity to work with great people, while earning a competitive salary and developing an amazing career.
To find out more about life at ICC Sydney, soon to be one of the most exciting business events and entertainment precincts in the world, visit http://careers.iccsydney.com.au. Join us on the world stage!
Please Note; relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These include National Criminal Records and National Police Background Checks, Proof of Identity that meets the 100-point check and may include Working with Children background checks. Shortlisted candidates may also be required to pass a physical assessment as part of the recruitment process.