HotHouse Theatre seeks a passionate and committed Production and Operations Manager to join the team in 2016. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Lyn Wallis and General Manager Tahni Froudist, HotHouse explores compelling ideas and inspires our community to embrace creativity.
HotHouse Theatre is an adventurous producer and presenter of high quality contemporary theatre, and a centre for artistic retreat and development. Located on the border of regional NSW and Victoria we also provide artistic and professional development programs for the communities of Albury-Wodonga, and surrounding regions of Southern NSW and North East Victoria.
The Production & Operations Manager is a full-time position working closely with the General Manager, Artistic Director and Artistic Program Producer to realise a busy season of shows, readings and development activities. There are three clear areas of responsibility for the HotHouse Theatre Production & Operations Manager: production and technical management of artistic activities, venue and equipment management, and technical training.
The Production & Operations Manager also takes primary responsibility for the management of the Butter Factory Theatre and other HotHouse sites including the Month in the Country farmhouse, our offices, and storage facility.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the HotHouse team as we expand our reach into the region, create more work with contemporary artists from across the country and engage deeply with our community.
The successful candidate will:
- have a minimum of three years’ professional experience as a Technical or Production Manager in a theatrical context;
- be financially literate with excellent ability to both draft and control budgets;
- have a solid understanding of the Australian theatrical landscape and a deep commitment to the theatrical form and the role of a company such as HotHouse Theatre.
- hold a minimum C Class drivers license
- have proven communication and leadership skills with other members of creative and management teams.
- have an understanding of creative processes and receptive and responsive to creative concepts;
- have strong knowledge of WHS practices;
- be highly organised with strong attention to detail;
- have a good understanding of all relevant awards;
- be a lateral thinker – possessing excellent problem-solving skills;
A Trainer/Assessor qualification is highly desirable, though further training will be arranged if needed with the right candidate.
- A covering letter
- Up-to-date CV including details of two professional referees
- A response to the selection criteria and position description (three pages max)
Telephone enquiries may be made in confidence to Tahni Froudist, General Manager on 0402 602 208 during normal office hours.