Production Manager Sydney Theatre Company
Posted on Thursday, December 8th, 2016
This position is for a 10-12-month fixed term. The usual hours of work are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. However, the job requires a willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and touring.
The position is based at The Wharf, Sydney Theatre Company, Pier 4 Hickson Road, Walsh Bay.
Salary and Entitlements
- Salary is dependent on skills and experience
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Complimentary tickets to STC productions (subject to availability)
- 10.5% superannuation
The Production Manager works with creative teams achieve their artistic vision and production values to the highest possible standards within the parameters set by the company. The Production Manager has responsibility for the realisation of all the technical and design elements of a production and ensures the most effective utilisation of people, resources and systems within the agreed budget, schedule and parameters.
- Minimum of seven years relevant industry experience, preferably within a producing theatre company.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven ability to lead teams and manage people.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent negotiation skills with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent project management skills with a logical and analytical approach to planning and the allocation of resources.
- The ability to remain calm, professional and positive under pressure.
- A self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working as part of a team.
- A keen interest in the performing arts and an appreciation of theatre, especially in an Australian context.
- A sympathetic approach to theatre design and aesthetics.
- A good eye for detail and quality control to ensure that all elements of a production are produced to the highest standards.
- Extensive knowledge of theatre practices, terminology, etiquette and theatre craft.
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of set design and construction.
- Good knowledge of rigging, stage automation, lighting, sound and projection.
- Good knowledge of theatrical costume and props.
- Strong financial management skills with a proven ability to manage and control large budgets.
- A high level of understanding of Workplace Health and Safety legislation and procedures as related to the theatre and entertainment industries with proven experience of implementing these requirements in a sympathetic manner.
- Experience of touring productions either domestically or internationally.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD.
In order to make your application for this position, please forward your resume and a cover letter briefly demonstrating how your experience is applicable to this position as outlined in the criteria below. Please note, applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be accepted.
Applications close of business 9am Wednesday 14th December 2016.
Please forward your application to: email@example.com
* Must be Australian resident or hold current, appropriate working visa