Production Manager, Dance North
Posted on Tuesday, January 10th, 2017
The Production Manager role is crucial to balancing the artistic and business goals of the company and as such it is expected that the Production Manager will have a close working relationship with the General Manager, Artistic Director and the Technical and Venue Manager, reporting to the General Manager. The role requires someone with strong strategic oversight, an ability to lead in potentially challenging situations and enthusiasm for the creation of Contemporary Dance Performance. The position involves interstate and international touring.
Exceptional attention to detail, organisational and proven planning skills, initiative and ability to juggle multiple projects are all essential attributes to the role.
As a representative of the company, you will exhibit a professional attitude, a working knowledge of the Australian contemporary performing arts industry and a good sense of humour
- Responsible for interpreting and costing set, costume, sound and lighting designs for the stage in accordance with the artistic goals of the creative team for each production.
- Responsible for the management of all production expenditure in accordance with annual budgets.
- Responsible for generating production schedules for in-house and touring activities.
- Responsible for arranging and chairing all production meetings.
- Responsible for employment, supervision and delegation of tasks for all casual and permanent production staff (including secondments and trainees); in consultation with the Technical and Venue manager.
- Responsible for the purchase of production related capital items.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate, safe, timely and cost efficient realisation of sets, props, wardrobe, lighting, audio visual effects, sound, staff scheduling and storage requirements for all productions and activities; in liaison with the Technical and Venue Manager.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining cultural relationships with other local, national and international dance companies and theatres.
- Responsible for generating theatre plans, templates and information sheets.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Dancenorth’s WH&S policy.
- Supervise and assist with general on site technical, production and maintenance of Dancenorth’s studio; in liaison with the Technical and Venue Manager.
Applications close 20 January 2017. Late applications won’t be accepted.
Applicants must be available for interviews in the week of Mon 30 Jan – Fri 3 Feb, 2017
Enquiries about the position and to obtain a Position Description please contact Deanna Smart, General Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org