Production Manager – Brisbane
Posted on Friday, July 15th, 2011
Brisbane Concert Lighting is an event production company offering lighting, sound and AVsolutions for events of all sizes. We?re seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a full time production manager.
– Position Overview: This is a full time position and office hours are 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. After hours production work will also be required at times. This position has a strong focus on customer relations and delivering a high standard of lighting design and operation that will meet their expectations.
– Major Productions: Responsible for the management of production on major events. This includes attending meetings, site inspections, writing up quotes & proposals, and collecting photos to accompany the quote. When warranted, WYSIWYG plots will also need to be drawn up. Once confirmed they will also be responsible for booking appropriate crew for the event and liaising with the client.
– Crew Management: During busier periods the production manager will be responsible for managing and booking crew for all events.
– Purchasing Hire Stock: When new equipment is required for the hire inventory the production manager will research the available products and present this information along with pricing to the director for approval.
– Assist with Hire Department: When required, assist the hire manager by providing hire quotes for the ?everyday? clients, whether it be dry hire or small to medium production.
– Assist with Sales Department: When required, help the sales manager by attending meetings to assist with pitching ideas to clients, offering input and technical support.
Key Selection Criteria
– Minimum 5 years experience in the production industry
– Extensive knowledge of lighting equipment & lighting design
– Operating experience on a wide range of consoles
– Outstanding problem solving skills
– Ability to work on a team
– Organisational and time management skills
– Outstanding oral and written communication
– Ability to negotiate with customers and suppliers
– Computer literacy in standard office software, Cast WYSIWYG, RentalPoint and ability to learn new software
– Knowledge of workplace health and safety issues, duties and responsibilities
– Open C Class Driver?s Licence
– WP Boom Elevated Work Platform
– DG Dogging
– RB Basic Rigging
To lodge your interest in this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3356 7979.