Production Manager, Brisbane Powerhouse
Posted on Thursday, July 1st, 2010
The Brisbane Powerhouse is a producer and presenter of international, national and local performing arts in Brisbane and throughout the world.
The Production Manager is responsible for client liaison and subsequent coordination and allocation of production and technical resources and staff, to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of technical and production outcomes.
In addition to fulfilling the role of production manager, this role works closely with internal technical staff and Brisbane Powerhouse programming staff to provide event and logistics support for productions, events, functions and exhibitions commissioned, produced or co-produced by Brisbane Powerhouse
The Production Manager reports to the Production Services Manager.
The Production Manager is a peer position of other Production Managers, Head of Lighting, Head of Sound and Head of Staging.
Casual Production Technicians report to the Production Manager.
The Production Manager, has no financial delegation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES or KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Coordinate, manage and implement all technical, venue specific logistical and operational requirements for productions, events and exhibitions commissioned, produced or co-produced by the Brisbane Powerhouse and also for external hirers
• Produce and manage production schedules developing project timelines and be responsible for the continued review and updating of these project and performance schedules
• Provide technical advice within agreed budgets developed or overseen by the Production Services Manager
• Co-ordinate and oversee production personnel in consultation with peer production and technical staff
• Liaise with peer production and technical staff as to the use of in-house resources
• Complete technical account settlements
• Liaise with, production manage for and provide information relevant to other Brisbane Powerhouse departments including Programming, Marketing, Finance and Box Office
• Production manage and arrange event documentation
• Fulfil the role of Production Manager for productions commissioned and/or produced by the Brisbane Powerhouse
• Provide production support to deliver projects
• Maintain knowledge and awareness of contemporary production management and application of new process and technologies
• Advise other departments and assist where necessary
• In conjunction with the Production Services Manager and other staff, assist in building and maintaining an efficient, skilled and motivated casual staff base to fulfill Brisbane Powerhouse’s production requirements
• Ensure casual production staff remain customer-focused with attention to detail and delivery
• Contribute to ensuring the provision of a safe and effective venue for all staff, theatrical and event clients, patrons and members of the public visiting Brisbane Powerhouse and precinct.
• Other duties and tasks as directed by the Production Services Manager in line with competencies and activities associated with any of the above processes
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Formal qualifications relevant to production management and/or a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in theatrical and venue production management either based in a theatre company , large venue, major festival and/or entertainment environment
• Knowledge of production requirements for live theatre & music, touring, festivals, large scale events, outdoor events and significant visual arts exhibitions
• Demonstrated ability to develop and administer production management processes and production budgets with minimal guidance for a busy mid-sized cultural facility.
• Sound analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities and commitments and an ability to work under pressure
• Possess an ability to work effectively as part of a small team, providing leadership and coordination in a complex theatrical environment
• Well developed written and oral communications skills with the ability to negotiate and liaise successfully and provide high quality customer service to diverse clientele
• Computer literacy with ability to use word processing packages, spreadsheets, and databases
• Outcome focused and possessing a high level of commitment with the ability to identify and contribute to value added services
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA:
• First Aid Certificate
• Responsible Service of Alcohol
• Positive Notice for Child Related Employment (Blue Card)
• Current “C” Class driver’s licence
Closing Date: 14th July 2010
For more information please contact Barbara Baugh on 07 3358 8669 or via email email@example.com