Posted on Tuesday, November 7th, 2017
In what’s shaping up to be a very exciting time for the national youth theatre, the successful candidate will be responsible for to production managing a national tour, three productions in Sydney in addition to moving the company from the current venue at the Wharf to new offices by 1 July 2018.
- Oversee and coordinate the production aspects of ATYP’s activities including productions, special events and independent hires.
- To oversee and schedule the maintenance of ATYP facilities and equipment at The Wharf and the store in Lilyfield.
- To oversee ATYP’s move from the current premises at The Wharf on Hickson Road by 1st July 2018.
- Strong production management, time management and budgeting skills
- Knowledge of and experience in the technical operations of the performing arts including the ability to read and interpret plans
- Knowledge of and a commitment to WH&S procedures within the entertainment industry
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with people of all ages
- Sound computing knowledge, including experience in the use of electronic design and lighting programs
- Leadership skills for overseeing, training and developing a small team
- Demonstrated self-motivation and the capacity to work independently and as a crucial member of a small team.
Australian Theatre for Young People is the national youth theatre company. We exist to connect young people with the professional theatre industry locally, regionally and nationally.
ATYP specialises in integrating professional theatre practice with supportive youth theatre process. We love working with all levels of the arts industry, from the most celebrated national companies to the smallest youth theatres. Our work supports young people from their first theatre experience to their first professional production.
For more information please download the full POSITION DESCRIPTION
To apply, please send your CV (2 pages max) and a 1 page cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5pm on November 20.