Production Assistant, Adelaide Fringe
Posted on Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
START DATE: 17th October 2016
END DATE: 24th March 2017
TERM: Fixed term, salaried contract position
Under the direction of the Head of Production the Production Assistant will work with the Production staff to assist in the development and delivery of Adelaide Fringe produced events held at various locations in Adelaide and surrounds.
This is a pathway role for an individual with a passion in Production, ideal for a recent graduate or someone wanting to make the transition from site crewing to management. In the role you will learn all key aspects of festival project management, including:
- MS Project – an industry standard management system.
- Risk assessments.
- Navigating local government permit and approval processes.
- Contribute to SOP development.
- Experience with managing budgets.
- Be a part of the creative and technical development of events from the ground up.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To work under the direction of the Head of Production in the development and delivery of Adelaide Fringe produced events.
- Assist with the coordination of all production and/or program requirements for Adelaide Fringe produced events and activities to ensure the delivery of these events to the highest artistic and technical standards within set budgets.
- Assist in research, planning and delivery of the Kaurna Sunset Ceremony & Poster Pillar projects; pre & post event planning, event infrastructure set up and pack down and coordination of logistics, managing and briefing crew and liaising with the production logistics coordinator.
- Contribute to managing administrative aspects of all projects as directed by the Head of Production, including aspects of scheduling, filing of approvals/permits, contributing to event briefs and risk assessments.
Please view the full position description here.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and one page cover letter outlining experience relevant to the selection criteria and role to Sam Whittleston, Head of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Any further enquiries, check the position description or call 08 8100 2000.
Position description (678 KB pdf)