The Arts Centre Gold Coast is located in Surfers Paradise and is one of Australia’s leading performing and visual arts organisations. An exciting BRAND NEW opportunity to join this dynamic organisation now exists.
- The Performance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the provision of a safe and effective venue for all Technical staff, events, clients and members of the public visiting performance venues within The Arts Centre Gold Coast.
- This position performs the role of Chief Warden and together with other Wardens, will be responsible for the safety and evacuation of staff, clients and patrons in case of emergency.
- This position will be required to provide technical and practical support in the set up and strike of performances.
- Meeting Sets.
- This position provides support to the Programming Department producer and Technical Supervisor in the operation and maintenance of The Arts Centre Gold Coast venues assisting in the smooth operation of performances.
Please address how you meet the following selection criteria within your application:
- Previous experience in the managing teams of technical personnel
- Sound knowledge of lighting, staging, audio visual practices and equipment
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner across all internal departments
- High level of customer service standards within a multipurpose performing arts facility.
- Flexibility to work within a 7 day roster
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) theatre / event management software systems, including iConcert or similar package.
- Ability to support the Technical Services Supervisor with administration tasks, including rostering, managing time sheets and client meetings and show estimates.
- Existing Blue Card, EWP, Basic Riggers and First Aid certification (or ability to obtain prior to commencement).
To submit an application you must include all of the following:
• A cover letter
• An up to date résumé
• Responses to the Selection Criteria as listed above (either within your cover letter or separately)
Please email your completed application to: email@example.com
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Applications must be received by the close of business on Friday 29 July 2016