Operations Manager, Lighting
Posted on Thursday, April 8th, 2010
Closing Date: 23 Apr 2010
Full Time, $74,064 per annum + Super
The Arts Centre is the largest performing arts centre in Australia comprising the State Theatre, Playhouse and Fairfax Studio, Hamer Hall, the Sidney Myer Music Bowl and a range of ancillary spaces. It attracts more than 2.7m visitors each year. Situated in the heart of Melbourne’s cultural precinct, the Arts Centre collaborates with artists, presenters and performing arts organisations to create, facilitate, promote and present world-class programs to appeal to a broad and diverse audience.
This position requires an experienced individual to manage the technical requirements of our Lighting operations within the Arts Centre complex, delivering the highest standard of customer service.
The successful applicant will possess the following specific experience, knowledge and skills:
- Leadership and technical expertise in all aspects of Lighting and Event delivery
- Experience in delivering Lighting designs
- Experience in event delivery and a working knowledge of all aspects of production disciplines, ability to project and production manage as required
- Knowledge and experience of theatre lighting technologies, including computer control systems and state of the art lighting equipment
- A working knowledge of current OHS practices and an understanding of operational capabilities and legislative and policy requirements
- Experience in financial costings, schedules and the preparation and delivery of events to budget
- Experience in coordinating staff across multiple venues and effective rostering to deliver staff balance and successful event delivery
- Experience in staff management to motivate, develop and facilitate teams in a collaborative, inclusive and consultative manner
- A high level of computer based skills including fluency with the Windows Office suite, financial accounting systems and AutoCad or similar drawing programs
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to provide both written and verbal information clearly and consistently
Interested applicants are encouraged to obtain further details from the attached position description or by contacting Frank Ward – Manager, Production on +61 3 9281 8137.
Position description available here
The Arts Centre is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer