Operations Manager BCL Production Services
Posted on Wednesday, May 17th, 2017
BCL Production Services is an event production company with more than 20 years’ experience providing the highest level of staff, lighting, sound and visuals. We provide a service to all areas of live production including concerts, corporate events, musicals, schools, weddings, churches and festivals. Our inventory of high quality equipment ensures every production is of a very high standard.
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join our team and be responsible for leading the company’s operations on a day to day basis.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for working closely with our administration team, warehouse staff and our events team, liaising with clients and maintaining exceptional customer service with all stakeholders.
- To organise and control the day to day operation of the company
- To assist with the employment, inductions and performance evaluations for all staff
- To roster staff to meet function needs whilst managing labour costs
- To ensure that constant and updated communications are maintained and that all relevant stakeholders are aware of their responsibilities in association with the company activities on a daily basis.
- To be responsible for the smooth and efficient quoting process for all clients.
- This varied and exciting role will see you juggling numerous tasks at one time and therefore will require an exceptional ability to multitask and communicate effectively.
You are an analytical and problem-solving individual with an appetite for challenge. Thinking outside of the square will be a natural instinct for you. You enjoy event production and the challenge of exceeding the client’s expectations. You are naturally people orientated as this role requires you to liaise with variety of different groups at varying levels.
This is a great opportunity for an individual experienced in event operations, has strong leadership skills and is hungry to develop their career. Apply Today!
BCL Production Services is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please submit a cover letter, your resume and a short document addressing the Key Selection Criteria in section 8 of the following Position Description.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – Operations Manager
1. TITLE: Operations manager
2. VALUES STATEMENT:
BCL Production Services business culture and values revolve around assisting persons, groups and corporations with their event outcomes. As a Staff member we require you to work together on the basis of shared values. Our ‘Shared Values’ are – Compassion, Respect, Justice, Working Together, Leading through Learning and good health. These values should be expressed through your actions, behaviour, practices and the outcomes of your work. Alignment to these values is fundamental to the requirements of this role.
The Operations Manager will report to the Managing Director
4. PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position is to provide an Operations Management role to BCL Production Services. It is often the first point of advocacy and requires a pleasant, confident and a good communicator with a proven commitment to provide a people focused service and an ability to prioritise work duties in a busy environment.
He / She will be taking the leading roles and responsibilities in ensuring all the Operations function of the position are carried effectively and efficiently
The position is responsible for ensuring operations run as smoothly as possible from beginning to end, as well as providing staff with practical support throughout.
Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty
5. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Managing Director
- Interviewing and hiring employees
- Arranging staff inductions, training and professional development
- ASSA induction program
- Conduct performance reviews, and if necessary, performance manage employees.
- Manage regular staff meetings
- keep morale, teamwork and production high, limiting discord and staff turnover
- Scheduling staff
- Assigning accounts and duties
- leave requirements, off-site training, expos etc
- Identifying problems and finding ways to overcome them
- Manage casual staff in warehouse / on site
- Ensure client quotes are followed up efficiently: hires in RentalPoint or sales in Excel: in person, phone, email
- Pick ups
- De-briefing with staff post event
- Handling customer complaints/requests
- Contact and gather information from wholesalers and retailers
- Maintaining RentalPoint records and associated paperwork
- Ensure client invoices have been delivered – in person, phone or email
- Book appropriate crew for jobs requiring crewing – record in Google Calendar
- Answer phones, as required
- Inform other staff of work needs if you are unable to cover your duties
- Undertake other duties as and when directed within the scope of the role and the capabilities of the incumbent as agreed.
- Work within the policies and procedures of BCL Production Services and the provisions of the Workplace Health and Safety and other relevant Legislation.
6. Other responsibilities as required
- Design / operate / tech for lighting, audio, AV or VJ on shows
- Managing each day’s clients, by checking and being prepared the previous evening
- Greeting / serving clients at front door
- Attend Client Meetings / Staff Meetings
- Attend site inspections
- Checking equipment for hires going out (liaise with office staff if lists need correcting)
- Up sell on pick up (are all of client’s needs met?)
- Participate in production bump in’s and bump out’s.
- Checking and putting away of equipment for returning hires
- Event manage on site if allocated / needed
- Manage the maintaining of equipment: test & tag, repair requests as required
- BCL and client repairs
- Manage the annual stock take with other team members
- Cleaning and storage of equipment
- Cleaning up after
- testing equipment
- repairing equipment
- prepping equipment
- cleaning equipment
- Gels picked for orders, new gel cut as required
- Warehouses kept clean, tidy and presentable (unit 2, 4, 5)
- Receptions kept clean, tidy and presentable (unit 2, 5)
- Vans kept clean, tidy and stocked
- van kit list in passenger door
- office has comprehensive info on all vehicles
- Load and unload Vans / Trucks ASAP on return to base – returns to base on weekends (eg casuals/full timers) to unload on return if practical
- Pick up and drop off truck hires
7. Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of production services warehouse business or similar.
- Knowledge of production services business’ needs and how to meet those needs or similar.
- Experience in management of people and resources
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques
- Political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements
- Leadership skills for a diverse range of people and personalities.
- Computer skills across office and technical applications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Know and develop company’s policies, guidelines and mission
- Ensure staff understand
- Be assertive, patient, resilient, professional, organized, rational and often creative
- Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing , Professionalism, Quality Focus
8. SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Demonstrated experience is a similar roll for minimum 10 years.
- Demonstrated high level of commercial awareness
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated excellent organisational skills
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Google Emails
- The ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to work progressively and methodically (paperwork, repairs etc)
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively within a team environment
- Ability to communication with a diverse range of people
- Current Australian open manual drivers licence
- Ability to work within the beliefs, mission, values and policies of BCL Production Services and adhere to the provisions of the Workplace Health and Safety and other relevant Legislation as they apply.
- Technical experience with lighting, sound, AV and staging / rigging equipment
- Computer skills: Rental point, WYSIWYG, Vectorworks
- Electrical licence
- Rigging qualifications
- Leadership training
9. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS / INFORMATION:
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically excluded from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
The successful applicant must be eligible to legally work in Australia and proof of eligibility may be requested.
Emailed to email@example.com or
Posted to: Unit 4, 24 Windorah Street,
Stafford, QLD, 4053
Closing date: May 26th 2017