Martin M-Series Software Update
Posted on Thursday, August 23rd, 2012
Martin Professional announces the release of a new operating system for its M-Series lighting controllers, which encompass the M1, M2GO, M-PC and Maxxyz consoles. The new software, version 2.90.400, includes more than 70 new features and upgrades and can be downloaded from the website.
Highlights of the software upgrade include:
New operating system for Martin M1 and M2GO (Windows 7 Embedded):
– Optimized for SSD drives
– New touch-friendly menu system
– Added support for Matrox Dual and Triple Head for M1
– Supports generic Windows 7 touchscreen devices
– New ELO touchscreen driver?
New “plug and play” MaxNet System:
– Zero Configuration Device Discovery
– Network Interface Connection management with Auto, Static, EtherDMX shortcuts
– Show can be joined or pushed to other devices
– All playback operation is synchronized
– All Cue and Preset data is synchronized
– MaxNet chat window
– Network show and device info screens
– Multiple consoles can be used in parallel for show playback
A complete list of changes is included with the software download.
In other lighting controller news, the M1 lighting controller now ships with an SSD drive, as well as a new LCD screen with LED backlight at no extra cost. With the SSD drive, console speed and reaction time is greatly improved, boot-up time is reduced, and the console is more stable in high vibration environments.