LSC Clarity Version 2 Software Released
Posted on Friday, May 31st, 2013
LSC Lighting Systems and OpenClear have announced the release of Clarity software version 2. This much anticipated version includes a huge array of enhancements and bug fixes, as well as updates for full compatibility with the latest versions of the Mac and Windows operating systems.
This release also brings the software in line with the recently released LX range of consoles so that features are common across the software and hardware platforms. The latest software also includes virtual consoles enabling users to operate their software as a virtual LX300, LX600 or LX900.
The v2.0 software includes new features such as:
- Rig View. Topographical view with 2D simulation and intuitive fixture selection.
- Audio fixture. Playback audio tracks and fade them in/out as easily as a light.
- Intensity Levels Window. Enhanced dimmer display for theatre & TV clients.
- Media Server integration now includes MBox from PRG.
- Universal controller interface for simultaneous control of different fixtures.
- Search field in Patch window.
- Improved fixture library for better control of non-linear compound fixtures e.g. Mac Aura, Robe Robin LEDwash, ClayPaky A-LEDa, etc.
- Page Bookmarks and naming/rearranging of pages.
- Time Presets.
- Enhanced Touch Screen control.
- Swipe and Flick programmer screen interface.
- Calender and Time scheduling
- OSC protocol for remote control via Android and iPhone/iPad and other 3rd party devices
- Updated Mac installer with OSX Mountain Lion compatible HASP drivers.
- Updated Windows installer with Windows 8 compatible HASP drivers.
The software for Mac or PC can be downloaded and tried for free at LSC’s website www.lsclighting.com
Paul Collison reviews the Clarity LX consoles in the current issue of Light+Design